Whatsup guys!! Welcome back to my blog.
So it’s the last day of the year, what’s a better way to end it than talking about what the year has taught me. As cliche as this topic might sound, I feel like I’d look back at this post in the future and see how far I’ve grown and it might probably serve as a reminder, who knows🤷🏾♀️.
2017 hasn’t been the rosiest of all my years so far, but it is one I’m genuinely grateful for. Just to mention a few, there have been ups and downs, loss and growth of hair😭, loss and gain of weight, glowing skin moments likewise lots of breakouts, gain and loss of ‘relationships’, lots of laughter as well as crying days, days when all I wanted to do was run and days I felt I could conquer the world, mistakes made and lesson learnt. All these experiences led to lessons I have learnt from, ones I’m still learning and the one I’m still trying to figure out.
Here’s what this year taught me
- If your heart isn’t there, just don’t do it. In other words, do what you love – I know this is an over-used statement but I found myself unconsciously doing things because of people and because it was a necessity by the society. I mean it ok to make people happy but don’t forget at the end of the day, you would be the one living your life and not the people you are trying to please.
- Don’t be quick to judge because you might find yourself doing the same thing either in a similar situation or in something totally different – No wonder the Bible says;
Matthew 7:3-5Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)3 “Why do you notice the small piece of dust that is in your friend’s eye, but you don’t notice the big piece of wood that is in your own?4 Why do you say to your friend, ‘Let me take that piece of dust out of your eye’? Look at yourself first! You still have that big piece of wood in your own eye.5 You are a hypocrite! First, take the wood out of your own eye. Then you will see clearly to get the dust out of your friend’s eye. These Bible verses sum it all. Those things you judge people about, if you look closely you might find similar patterns in yourself.
ass=”version-ERV result-text-style-normal text-html”> 3. Failure is all part of learning because the joy of success after failure is one of victory – For me, this was something I wanted to avoid, I felt I just need to work extra hard and I’d avoid failing but sometimes it just doesn’t work that way. Times like this just reminds me that one can never do it alone by human strength and would need God all the way through.
4. Rapikaur wrote and I quote-What’s the greatest lesson a woman should learn?
that since day one. She already had everything she needs within herself. It’s the world that convinced her she did not.
I loved this so much when I saw it that I had to repost it. I thought I fully understood it till a day that I found out I have AVPD symptoms (please google what it means if you are curious) and I badly wanted to change it. I was even going to see a school therapist but I couldn’t due to some circumstances. Thanks to a friend of mine who reminded me this quote from Rupikaur. You see prior to this I’d tell myself I’m different and I was made this way for a purpose but because the world already labelled it as abnormal I began to see everything that was wrong with me and desperately wanted to change it. I might not see the reason now but my life was predestined by God so everything right now is all working together for the purpose God has for me. In other sense, you don’t have to think there’s something wrong with you especially when people complain about you because, a majority of the time, people’s problems with you are an extension of their problems with themselves – Theslumflower.
“You formed the way I feel I think and feel. you put me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because you made me in such a wonderful way. I know how amazing that was.” – PSALMS 139: 13-14 ERV
5. There are some things you would have to learn, unlearn and relearn. You might not always get it the first time.
I’m sure we’ve all learnt something this year. I’d love to hear from you guys, what major thing have you learnt this year, comment down below so we all can probably learn.
Things I’m wearing
- Dress – Got it from a store called Motor Mia here in Iceland
- Jacket- It’s a gift from someone that I’ve actually had for a while. You can get something similar here.
- Shoes – Public Desire
- Bag – SheIn (It’s sold out but the link is there just in case🤷🏾♀️.
Thanks for stopping by
see you next year by the God’s Grace.